Sacred Seed Tour
Protecting and cultivating biodiversity
The Sacred Seeds Sanctuary is a dynamic collection of medicinal plants that protects and celebrates not only biological diversity in Costa Rica and the tropics, but also the diversity of cultural knowledge related to these plants worldwide. Our Sacred Seeds garden currently houses over 300 tropical medicinal plants. In a world where 50 to 200 species become extinct every day due to deforestation, over harvesting, or other human activity, the sanctuary aims to preserve the genetic material and cultural use of these plants.The winding path of the sanctuary brings the visitor through three different sections of environmental diversity representing the various cultural groups of Costa Rica; indigenous, Afro-Caribbean, and European descended Ticos. We offer a guided tour of the Sacred Seeds Sanctuary.
- Departure at Luna: Upon request
- Duration: 2 hours
- Recommended ages: All ages
- Rate: $35 per person
- What to bring: Quick dry clothing or poncho, sun block, bugspray, camera.
- Includes: Entrance fee, rubber boots, and professional bilingual guides.
- Discounts: 20% off for students and residents.